As an employer of choice, the University of Iowa provides comprehensive health insurance plans for staff and students.
- Faculty, Professional & Scientific, Merit Supervisory Exempt, Merit Confidential Staff Member
- Merit Staff Member
- Retired Faculty, Professional & Scientific, Merit Supervisory Exempt, Merit Confidential Staff Member
- Retired Merit Staff Member
Students and Scholars
- Undergraduate Student
- Graduate Student, Health Science Major, Postdoctoral Scholars/Fellows, Research Interns
- Unpaid J1 Scholars Academic Year 2015-2016 (pdf)
- Unpaid J1 Scholars Academic Year 2014-2015 (pdf)
- Students who have recently graduated or left the University
Dual University of Iowa employed spouses/partners and any children may not double insure each other or dependents under the plans where the University contributes towards the cost of the plans. This includes the health, dental, and AD&D insurance policies - an individual may only be included once under these policies. Learn more about dual university of Iowa Employed Spouses, Partners, or Children.