What are the sources of stress in your life? It can help to sort out what aspects are within your control and where changes can be made to set limits, delegate and prioritize tasks.
Ask yourself what you can do to take care of yourself.
Try some quick stress relievers:
- progressive muscle relaxation
- listen (and dance to) to music
- post some inspirational quotes where you will see them
- change your screensaver to a beautiful landscape or beach
- watch a funny YouTube video or TV show. Laughter is a great stress reliever
- practice mindfulness
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is an eight week program that assists people who want to learn to use their own internal resources to respond more skillfully to stress, medical and psychological conditions, and promote healthy living. Research suggests that mindfulness practice can positively affect stress resilience; physical and mental health; academic skills; self-regulation of emotional reactivity; interpersonal skills; general well-being and happiness.
Learn how humor can help lower your stress.