Here are some ways to give your heart some love during American Heart Month:
- See your doctor and manage any medical conditions you may have.
- Quit smoking.
- Aim to get some physical activity every day.
- Eat lean proteins, fish, nuts, whole grains and plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Make time for fun, relaxation and manage stress.
- Remember that every step counts, so don’t get discouraged. Keep putting your energy into moving forward!
On Thursday, February 12, plan to attend Heart a la Carte, a Community Health Seminar sponsored by The UI Heart and Vascular Center.
And learn about Prevention Guidelines.