There are so many reasons to find ways to bring more enjoyment and fun to your workouts. For example, if it’s fun, you will be more likely to make time for your workouts and be more likely to maintain your exercise over time.
Here are ways to make exercise more enjoyable:
- Use positive thinking. Instead of thinking of exercise as a hassle, try thinking of it as part of your self-care routine. Think: “This is time for me!”
- Track your exercise and notice areas of improvement over time. Challenge yourself by setting goals to work towards.
- Watch a favorite TV show while you are exercising.
- Listen to music, or a book on CD. Create a playlist of fun, upbeat and energizing music.
- Join a team, club or intramural.
- Get a workout partner or schedule a walk with a friend.
- Try something new or take a class. There are lots of great classes included in your Rec Services Membership.
Check out this article for more information on making exercise fun.