March 16 - 20, 2015
The UI Family Services Office in collaboration with Little Angels Learning Center is pleased to offer Hawkeye Kids Camp for school age children (5 years - 12 years) of UI faculty, staff and students March 16 - 20, 2015, during spring break. Little Angels Learning Center will be staffing and operating Hawkeye Kids Camp.
Please note: (5 year olds must be in kindergarten.)
- Hawkeye Kids Camp will be held at the UI Field House.
- Drop off for camp is no earlier than 7:30 a.m. and pick up is no later than 5:30 p.m.
- Drop off/pick up will be at the new main entrance to the Field House.
- Parking is available across the street in the metered spots between Rienow and Quadrangle residence halls.
- Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided. Campers will need to bring their own lunch Monday through Thursday, but lunch will be provided on Friday.
- Please note: Breakfast will not be available.
- Please dress your child in comfortable clothes that allow them to be active throughout the day. Plan to send one set of extra clothes with your child for camp.
- Camp activities may include, but are not limited to board games, arts and crafts, basketball, soccer, badminton and fun activities like scavenger hunts, obstacle courses and talent shows.
|7:15 a.m.||Arrival time and semi-structured time (coloring, reading, card games and board games)|
|8:00 a.m||Large group activity|
|8:30 a.m.||Clean-up, review schedule for the day, sign-up for special interest camps|
|9:00 a.m.||Wash hands and eat AM snack|
|9:30 a.m.||Art centers|
|10:00 a.m.||Outdoor games and activities|
|11:45 a.m.||Wash hands and eat lunch|
|12:15 p.m.||Quiet time (coloring, books, etc.)|
|12:45 p.m.||Special interest camps|
|2:00 p.m.||Large group activity|
|3:00 p.m.||Wash hands and eat PM snack|
|3:30 p.m.||Art centers|
|4:00 p.m.||Semi-structured time (coloring, reading, card games and board games)|
|5:30 p.m.||Latest pickup-time|
If your child prefers an outdoor camp experience, we encourage you to consider a UI Wildlife Camp, sponsored by UI Recreational Services. For more information, contact Recreational Services at 319-335-9293.
The camp fee is $200.00 and includes supervision, materials, activities, snacks and lunch on Friday. Cash (exact amount) and checks are acceptable forms of payment. Checks can be made out to “Little Angels Learning Center”. If your child is not able to attend the entire week of camp, no reduced camp fee is available.
This amount is due at the time that you register.
- If you cancel camp registration before March 9, 2015 a full refund will be due to you.
- If you cancel camp registration on or after March 9, 2015, your registration fee will only be returned if your slot can be filled by another child on the waiting list. If the slot cannot be filled, no refund will be issued.
- If you cancel your camp registration on or after March 16, 2015 no refund will be issued.
- If you do not cancel your camp registration and your child does not attend camp, no refund will be issued.
- To cancel registration call 319-335-1371 or email Family Services
Camp is limited to 40 campers and filled on a first come basis. When all camp slots are taken, a waiting list will be established. As space becomes available, those on the waiting list will be notified.
To register your child for Hawkeye Kids Camp:
- Complete the Registration and Scholarship Form (pdf)
- Along with the registration and scholarship form (if applicable), submit the registration fee of $200 per child. Make checks payable to “Little Angels Learning Center.”
- If you wish to apply for a scholarship do not submit the camp fee at this time. Nicole Studt will contact you later to discuss your payment. Please note scholarship eligibility criteria below.
- Send the application and payment by campus or US mail to:
- Nicole Studt, Manager, UI Family Services,
121 W. Prentiss Street, 121 University Services Building, Suite 50
Iowa City, IA 52242
- Nicole Studt, Manager, UI Family Services,
- After the camp registration and scholarship form is received, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- All camp registration and scholarship forms must be received no later than close of business (5:00 p.m.) Monday, March 9, 2015. No registration forms will be accepted after March 9, 2015.
If you have questions, please contact Family Services or 319-335-1371.
Scholarships are available to University of Iowa faculty, staff and students who qualify.
Eligibility for a reduced camp fee includes:
- Parent is either at least a 50% or greater employee or a half- time student at the University of Iowa,
- Family’s annual gross household income meets the following criteria:
- For families having an income under $40,000, the scholarship is $75.00 per child.
- For families having an income over $40,000, scholarship funds are not provided.
- And, the child is/children are eligible and will attend Hawkeye Kids Camp or Chickadee Camp.
Scholarships are limited and based on first-come, first-served.
A family can receive up to two (2) scholarships for two enrolled children. If you have questions, please contact Family Services or call 319-335-1371.