The content of the University of Iowa Operations Manual addresses leaves for faculty and staff, however; staff covered by collective bargaining agreements may have benefits different from those described in university policy. Reference should be made to the current agreement for precise details.
- Paid Leave: (See also bargaining agreements)
- Paid leave (vacation, sick, funeral, family caregiving, parental leave, FMLA sick and vacation)
- Catastrophic Leave
- Family Caregiving Leave Clarification (See also Chapter 23 for leave application and earned accruals)
- Extreme Weather
- Unpaid Leave: (See also bargaining agreements) Unpaid leave may be authorized by above policy and practice when paid leave accruals are not available. If absence reason is described above in paid leave, refer to the policy first before considering other unpaid absence..
- Leaves of Absence, University Operations Manual
- View accrual information by employment category
- Workers Compensation
- Leave of absence as an ADA accommodation
Departments may have practices related to use and application of leave. Please refer to any department practices, and contact Faculty Staff Disability Services for assistance with alignment with university policy or application.
Labor Contracts can be found on the University Employee and Labor Relations website.