Lifestyles: Healthy by Choice, not by Chance
The Lifestyles Adult Weight Management Program is ten weeks designed to develop skills for sustainable weight management. It is offered every spring and fall.
- Accountability to nutrition and physical activity
- Classes and group discussions focused on:
- Basic nutrition
- Emotional aspects of eating
- Changing habits
- Manage challenging situations
- Motivation and support
- Shopping skills
- Structured physical activity time to introduce a variety of exercise and forms in the CRWC.
- Classes led by registered dietitian, exercise specialist, and health coach.
- Follow-up contacts for motivation and support.
Group Meeting Times
Wednesdays, February 4 - April 15, 2015
6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
Private Gym Times (PGT)
Lifestyles participants are granted exclusive access to the Wellness Services exercise area in CRWC/Wellness Services on Tuedays, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. and Wednesdays, 5 - 6 p.m. Attendance is highly encouraged to the Private Gym Time, but is not required.
If you are interested in learning more about Lifestyles to support your weight management efforts, call 319-353-2973 or email us.
Program Fees & Information
- Lifestyles is FREE for UI Faculty/Staff members who are working with a Health Coach and meet the criteria for referral to Lifestyles.
- The program cost is $400 for those who are not working with a Health Coach.
- Attendance is required at a minimum of 8 of 10 group classes to be eligible for the program fee to be paid for by liveWELL.
- All participants must meet program criteria of BMI > 30. Calculate BMI here.
If you have been referred to Lifestyles by your Health Coach, please complete the Self-Assessment Survey.
Contact liveWELL or attend an informational session on Wednesday, January 21nd from 12:15-12:45 p.m. or 6:00-6:45 p.m. in the Wellness Services Conference Room, 1st floor, of Campus Recreation and Wellness Center.