My Healthy LIFE is a seven-week wellness program inspired by The Blue Zones Project. The program focuses on seven aspects of our lives which are known to help us stay healthy and increase our longevity. Each week concentrates on one of the seven concepts and includes four challenges. During the program, participants will earn 400 liveWELL Points to spend at the Wellness Store. The program runs November 4 - December 26, 2013.
Here's how My Healthy LIFE works...
- Each week, registered participants receive an email on Monday identifying that week's theme and four challenges.
- On Thursday, a follow-up email will be sent with a bonus code to enter at My Health and Wellness, which is located at Employee Self Service.
- Participants are encouraged to complete at least two challenges before submitting their bonus code.
- Bonus codes are worth 50 liveWELL points each and are valid for one week (until the next bonus code is sent out).
- Track your progress on the My Healthy Life Gameboard (pdf).
The themes of the seven weeks are:
- Week 1 (November 4 - November 10): Being active
- Week 2 (November 11 - November 17): Live life with meaning
- Week 3 (November 18 - November 24): De-stress your life
- Week 4 (November 25 - December 1): Eat to satisfy
- Week 5 (December 2 - December 8): Eating more fruits and vegetables
- Week 6 (December 9 - December 15): Family first
- Week 7 (December 16 - December 22): Social circle
How to register
Go to My Health & Wellness Portal in Self-Service, under liveWELL and click Register Now to sign up! Upon registering, you will earn 50 liveWELL points.
Who is eligible to participate in My Healthy LIFE?
This program is for University of Iowa Employees.
Why participate in this program?
Being healthy and happy is an important part of life. My Healthy LIFE can give you the tools and knowledge to live an overall healthy life. By following this simple, seven week program and making some small lifestyle changes you can reach the goal of a better you.
What is the Blue Zones Project?
The Blue Zone Project, developed by Dan Buettner, believes there are nine areas of our lives that can improve our overall health and increase our longevity. These nine areas are based on five regions of the world with a large population of healthy people who have reached 100 years of age. By incorporating these nine areas into your life, you can feel better and enjoy life.