The Threat Assessment Team consists of two full-time Assessment and Care Specialists and representatives from The University of Department of Public Safety, Organizational Effectiveness (OE), The Office of the Dean of Students, University Counseling Service, General Counsel, and Faculty and Staff Services (FSS). This group meets regularly and is responsible for both program development and case management functions of the Threat Assessment Program. When a case is active, other University faculty, staff, employees, and other agencies will be involved as appropriate.
Their responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the Assessment and Care Specialists.
- Provide new information as necessary regarding current cases.
- Advise on issues related to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Provide case specific legal guidance.
- Assist in response to more urgent cases.