The UIChoice health insurance plan is offered to retired Faculty, Professional and Scientific, Merit Supervisory Exempt, and Merit Confidential Staff.
In addition to UIChoice, retired Faculty, Professional and Scientific, Merit Supervisory Exempt, and Merit Confidential Staff may also select from two Health Alliance options for Retirees in Iowa: Medicare Advantage Guide HMO Plus Rx plan and Medicare Advantage UI Health Alliance PPO. Benefits of enrolling in one of these plans include lower monthly premiums than the UIChoice Medicare Carveout Plan. Retirees may move back to the UIChoice plan during the next open enrollment period.
- 2015 UIChoice Retiree Summary of Benefits and Coverages (pdf)
- Retiree UIChoice Coverage Manual (pdf)
- Wellmark Medicare Carveout informational brochure (pdf)
Health Alliance Documents
- 2016 UI Retiree Health Alliance Medicare Advantage Guidebook (pdf)
- Health Alliance Medicare Advantage Application Form (pdf)
- 2016 Health Alliance Plan Summary (pdf)