June 2017: Began work during Phase 3.
February 2018: Implementation continued with meetings to seek broader campus perspectives.
June 2018: Proposed pilot projects suspended. Pilot projects identified additional complexities for implementation. Focus shifted to reestablishing broader career development opportunities for a larger group of staff in support of succession planning.
The Succession Planning Committee will research, propose, and implement strategies that promote career development opportunities and succession planning.
Targeted task force recommendation
- Enhance succession planning: Promote awareness of career opportunities and update both core and leadership competencies needed for employees to advance. Identify goals and resource needs for new succession planning systems.
- Keith Becker, interim director, Employment Services, email@example.com, 319-335-2664
- Dee Hurst, director of human resources, Tippie College of Business, firstname.lastname@example.org, 319-335-0870
- Danielle Allen, manager, UI Health Care Learning and Organizational Development
- Shannon Bartlett, human resources director, College of Pharmacy
- Keith Becker, interim director, Employment Services
- Keith Clasen, human resources director, UI Health Care Human Resources
- Julie Cunningham, human resources generalist, Office of the Provost
- Kari Gates, HR manager, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Trevor Glanz, associate director of compensation, University Human Resources
- Dee Hurst, director of human resources, Tippie College of Business
- Wendy Loney, HR director, Research and Economic Development
- Wanda Malden, senior EEO coordinator, Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Carlton Petty, HR coordinator, Organizational Effectiveness
- Jim Sayre, director, Parking and Transportation
- Brenda Van Dee, administrative coordinator, Carver College of Medicine
- Teresa Kulper, director of HR services, University Human Resources
HR administrative liaisons
- Cheryl Reardon, chief HR officer and associate vice president, University Human Resources
- Joni Troester, assistant vice president for benefits, health, and productivity, University Human Resources
- Kevin Ward, senior director for HR policy and administration, University Human Resources