June 2017: Began work during Phase 3.
February 2018: Implementation continued with meetings to seek broader campus perspectives.
June 2018: Pilot project under way
The Succession Planning Committee will research, propose, and implement strategies that promote career development opportunities and succession planning.
Targeted task force recommendation
- Enhance succession planning: Promote awareness of career opportunities and update both core and leadership competencies needed for employees to advance. Identify goals and resource needs for new succession planning systems.
- Keith Becker, interim director, Employment Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, 319-335-2664
- Dee Hurst, director of human resources, Tippie College of Business, email@example.com, 319-335-0870
- Danielle Allen, manager, UI Health Care Learning and Organizational Development
- Shannon Bartlett, human resources director, College of Pharmacy
- Keith Becker, interim director, Employment Services
- Keith Clasen, human resources director, UI Health Care Human Resources
- Julie Cunningham, human resources generalist, Office of the Provost
- Kari Gates, HR manager, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Trevor Glanz, associate director of compensation, University Human Resources
- Dee Hurst, director of human resources, Tippie College of Business
- Wendy Loney, HR director, Research and Economic Development
- Wanda Malden, senior EEO coordinator, Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Carlton Petty, HR coordinator, Organizational Effectiveness
- Jim Sayre, director, Parking and Transportation
- Brenda Van Dee, administrative coordinator, Carver College of Medicine
- Teresa Kulper, director of HR services, University Human Resources
HR administrative liaisons
- Cheryl Reardon, chief HR officer and associate vice president, University Human Resources
- Joni Troester, assistant vice president for benefits, health, and productivity, University Human Resources
- Kevin Ward, senior director for HR policy and administration, University Human Resources