Zurich Travel Assist is a medically based travel assistance program. As a member of the International Assistance Group, World Travel Protection, the administrator of Zurich Travel Assist, can respond instantly to medical and legal emergencies throughout the world. Zurich Travel Assist is in effect when uou travel 100 miles or more from home.
These services and others are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year:
- Medical evacuation: If the local hospital, medical facility or clinic is not able to provide you with medical care comparable to western medical standards, they will arrange and cover the cost of your transportation to the nearest hospital or facility which can provide such care.
- Medical monitoring: When they are notified of a medical emergency, their multilingual staff will establish contact with the local attending physician and assist with arranging appropriate care.
- Prescription assistance: In the event you forgot your medications, they can arrange for a refill of your prescription and will help locate what you need locally and arrange delivery, where permitted by law.
- Emergency medical referral: They will provide the name, address, and telephone number of physicians, hospitals and clinics for the area in which you are traveling.
- Travel advisories: They can inform you of the latest available travel advisories, including crime alerts and areas of instability for countries worldwide.
- Inoculation and immunization:They provide the latest information, obtained from the Centers for Disease Control and the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, regarding inoculation and immunization requirements around the world.
To contact Zurich regarding this Travel Assistance Plan, the covered person must call 800-263-0261 from the United States or Canada and collect from anywhere else in the world at +1-416-977-0277 and reference policy GTU 2855720; or visit the website.