Open Enrollment for 2017 Benefits for Faculty, Professional and Scientific, Merit Supervisory Exempt, and Merit Confidential is November 1-November 20, 2016. Please carefully review your Annual Open Enrollment event to ensure all of your benefit choices are still the best options for you and that you understand any changes that may affect those choices. If you do not make changes, your current benefit selections will roll forward automatically into 2017 and your annual flexible spending accounts pledge will become $0.
2017 Benefit Changes
- Health and dental plan premium increases.
- UIChoice covers transgender care services effective September 1, 2016.
- UI QuickCare billed as an office visit from a Benefit Level I provider requiring a $5.00 co-payment at the time of visit.
- Dental plan limit of two cleanings per calendar year.
- Increased life insurance coverage options for spouse ($40,000) and children ($20,000).
- Life insurance Accelerated Death Benefit increase from 50% to 75%.
- Supplemental Life Insurance continuation of term life coverage at termination or retirement.
- Health shared savings $200 credit eliminated for non-SEIU employees due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Active election required to participate in either a Health Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2017. FSA pledges from 2016 will not rollover to 2017.