Open Enrollment for 2018 Benefits for Faculty, Professional and Scientific, Merit Supervisory Exempt, Merit Confidential and Merit Staff hired after July 1, 2017 is November 1 through November 17, 2017. Please carefully review your Annual Open Enrollment event to ensure all of your benefit choices are still the best options for you and that you understand any changes that may affect those choices. If you do not make changes, your current benefit selections will roll forward automatically into 2018 and your annual flexible spending accounts pledge will become $0.
New this year: House Staff members will no longer need to contact University Benefits to open an event as in previous years. For your convenience, a Benefit Enrollment Event has been automatically created for you.
2018 Benefit Changes
- There are changes to the UIChoice health premium rates for 2018
- There are changes to the UIChoice office copay for 2018
- There are changes to the Emergency Room copay
- There will be NO change to the UI QuickCare copay
- UIeCare will still remain as an $0 cost option
- Health Alliance Partnership: McFarland Clinic and Iowa Clinic PC will no longer be considered Level 1 providers as of January 1, 2018
- Health care flexible spending account limit will increase to $2,600 for the 2018 calendar year. Your 2017 elections will not carryover to 2018. If you would like to continue your FSA, you must re-enroll unless you have unused benefit credits that default into your Health Care FSA.
- There are no cost or coverage changes for the Dental II plan, group life, supplemental life or dependent life.
- There are no cost changes to AD&D; however, felony victim and terrorism benefits have been added to the coverage.
Important tax form information for 2018:
As part of the ACA legislation, the university is required to provide 1095 tax forms as proof of health coverage. You have the optionto either receive this form electronically or by mail. To receive your tax forms electronically, select "Form Delivery Options" under the General sectoin in Employee Self Service.