Current Processing Time
We are experiencing a high volume peak time with FSA claims. Therefore, please allow 20 business days for the processing of claims. Claims are processed in the order in which they are submitted online. Please visit the FSA Processing Timeline Guidance page for more information on processing times.
We thank you for your patience while we work through this busy time.
Health Care FSA
Receive reimbursement for eligible health and dental out-of-pocket expenses.
**NEW** Effective July 1, 2022 - The federal government is increasing the medical mileage reimbursement rate to $0.22/mile (up from $0.18). Expenses claimed between Jan. 1 through Jun. 30, will be calculated at the rate of $0.18/mile. Jul. 1 through Dec. 31, 2022, will be calculated at the increased mileage rate of $0.22/mile.
The Health Care Flexible Spending Account Maximum will remain at $2,750 for 2022.
The Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Maximum will remain at $5,000 per household for 2022.
Related FSA documents and forms
- Instructions on How to Submit an Online FSA Claim (pdf)
- HCSA Letter of Medical Necessity (pdf)
- FSA Transportation Worksheet (pdf)
- FSA Salary Reduction Form (pdf)
- Request for Reimbursement from your HCSA (pdf)
- Request for Reimbursement from your DCSA (pdf)
- Dependent Care Receipt Template (pdf)
For detailed University of Iowa program information, please review the Flexible Spending Account Program Guide (pdf).