Flexible Spending Account Following Termination of Employment

Dependent Care:  All services must have occurred by December 31 of the year in which you terminate. Any funds not claimed by April 30 of the following year will be forfeited. Per IRS regulations, you can only be reimbursed up to the amount that is in the account at termination.

Health Care:  Expenses must be incurred by the end of the month in which you terminate employment. You may submit claims for these expenses until April 30 of the following year. Expenses incurred after the end of the month in which your employment ends will not be reimbursable unless you continue contributions on an after-tax basis through COBRA. All funds remaining after April of the following year are forfeited to the University.

Contact Information

University Benefits Flexible Spending Accounts

Campus Address
120 USB
Mailing Address

120 University Services Building
Iowa City, IA 52242-1911
United States

Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.