Mark Your Calendars!
The University's Annual Benefits Open Enrollment period for 2022 will begin soon! Review the changes now and plan to complete your online open enrollment event. Changes made during this period will take effect on Jan. 01, 2022.
What's Changing and Not Changing in 2022
To review each category, what will change and what will not change, select the "V" to expand the accordion. All changes will take effect on Jan. 1, 2022.
- There are no changes to the UIChoice or UISelect plan designs in 2022.
- Please review the Changing in 2022 section to find the new 2022 premium rates for UISelect and UIChoice.
- UISelect will continue to carry the zero-cost premium option for Employee Only and Double Spouse families.
- There are no changes to the Dental II plan design in 2022.
- The Dental II monthly premiums will not increase in 2022.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- The Health Care FSA maximum will remain at $2,750 for 2022.
- the Dependent Care FSA maximum will remain the same for 2022 at $2,500 if married and filing taxes separately and $5,000 per household for all other tax filing statuses.
You must re-enroll during the open enrollment period. Your 2021 pledges will not carry forward to 2022.
- Group Life insurance, Voluntary Term Life insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment rates, and plan designs are not changing for 2022.
2022 Annual Benefits & Enrollment Guide
- Coming Soon (pdf) (English and Spanish versions)
Important Open Enrollment Dates & Deadlines
- Nov. 01, 2021 | Open Enrollment Begins
- Nov. 15, 2021 | Open Enrollment Ends at 5:00 pm
- Jan. 1, 2022 | New Changes Take Effect
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- Coming Soon (pdf)
Other Helpful Resources
- Real-world examples (pdf) (coming soon)
- COVID FAQ's and Your Health Plans (pdf) (coming soon)
- Side-by-side Health Plan Comparison (pdf) (coming soon)
- How to Enroll in Your Benefits Online Video (coming soon)