This page describes topics and benefits that apply to selected students. The links may lead to pages that include information for multiple employment categories and groups.
Insurance - Mandatory (for all new undergraduate students - first year & transfer)
Who is eligible for student insurance?
To be eligible for student insurance, you must be a registered student attending classes at the time coverage begins.
- The class that you register in, MUST be a semester-long class.
- Students registered for only Guided Independent Study Courses are NOT eligible to participate.
- You may cover your spouse/domestic partner and dependent children (up to the end of the calendar year in which they turn 26.)
What benefits are available to eligible students?
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Departing Students
- Domestic Partner Information
- Annual Notices
- Benefit Providers Web Sites
- Double Spouse Credit
- Family Medical Leave Act - FMLA Leave
- Privacy/HIPAA Information
- Spending Accounts (Employed Graduate Students)
- Worker’s Compensation/OSHA (Employed Students Only)
ABOUT OUR SITE:
The information presented on our website describes only the highlights of the plans and does not constitute official plan documents. Additional terms and conditions may apply. If there are any discrepancies between the information contained herein and the official plan documents, the plan documents will govern. For more detailed information you may contact Wellmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield at toll-free number 800-524-9242 (TTY: 888-781-4262), Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Central Time). For more efficient service, please have your member ID number handy - it can be found on the front of your card.