Double Spouse Credit

The Double Spouse Credit will generally be advantageous to you. If you wish to apply for the Double Spouse Credit, please complete your online enrollment in MyUI.

When adding your spouse/domestic partner, you need to check the box that they are a Grad Student with Assistantship. Please also type in a comment on the online form reiterating that you want the double spouse credit.

How to Enroll

Flexible Spending Accounts

You must be paid on a monthly basis and income must be subject to tax withholding in order to participate in the health care or dependent care flexible spending accounts. To enroll and/or change your enrollment, complete the Salary Reduction Agreement for Spending Accounts form (pdf). 

For more information on the flexible spending accounts, along with the advantages of participating, visit the Flexible Spending Account page.

Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a federal law that provides eligible employees up to 12 weeks of leave each calendar year (26 weeks for military family member injury). Absence from work may be a continuous leave, a reduced schedule, or intermittent.

For more information, please visit the Faculty and Staff Disabilities and Services page. 

Workers' Compensation

Employed Graduate Students and fellows are covered by Workers' Compensation benefit. For more information, please visit the Workers' Compensation page.

Have a Question?

Visit our Student Insurance Resources page or email our team at