- Review unit needs and career interests with your supervisor to identify career development opportunities, and potential changes in job responsibilities that are in alignment with unit needs.
- The new duties and responsibilities should be performed for an appropriate period of time that is sufficient enough for your supervisor to evaluate your performance and continuing success in the role. The period of time necessary for evaluation is at the discretion of the college/division.
- Complete employee Documentation of Career Development.
- Review unit needs and career interests with your staff member(s) to identify career development opportunities, changes in job responsibilities and performance expectations that are in alignment with unit needs.
- Discuss career development plans with department and organization leadership to confirm their support
- As significant changes are sustained for an appropriate period of time, consider a request for career advancement, promotion or career shift. Consult with your Human Resources representative for assistance.
- Review completed Documentation of Career Development from your staff member(s), and complete the supervisor section, using the instructions provided. This includes your recommendation and assessment of the change requested, and confirmation of the most recent job performance rating.
- Consult with your Unit Human Resource Representative and department leadership regarding the funding available and the amount of any proposed salary increase.
- Forward the Career Development Documentation to the appropriate administrator in your area to begin the workflow transaction, when appropriate.