All new staff and faculty, who meet eligibility requirements, receive an invitation by campus mail to an orientation scheduled close to their first day of employment.
Orientation is important and will help you to:
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a member of the University community.
- Get to know what is available to support your personal and professional development.
- Learn about opportunities in the Iowa City area to enjoy life!
Here are some resources to begin helping you get oriented:
- Welcome message from Cheryl Reardon, Chief HR Officer & Associate Vice President
- Departmental Orientation
- Overview of the Invitation Process and Appointment Criteria
UI Faculty and Staff Orientation Information
UI Health Care Faculty and Staff Orientation Information
Staff and Faculty - You will be sent an invitation to attend a University or UI Health Care Orientation that will take place shortly after your first day of work.
Faculty - The Office of the Provost provides information for Faculty Development: New and Early Career Faculty.
Staff - Your department will provide you with job-specific orientation.