Absence Approval and Management
Health Condition/Leave Management
“I need to hire someone. Where do I start?”
- Hiring Merit Staff
- Recruiting Professional & Scientific (P&S) staff
- Conducting Effective Searches (HR Unit Rep Toolkit)
- Hiring Foreign Nationals
“Do we have an employee health clinic?”
Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
Media/Info Requests by News Media
“I have a staff member who’s not performing well. Where can I get support?”
“My employee asked to see their personnel file. What should I consider?” What should be in a personnel file?”
Resource Guide for Staff
Training on Staff Supervision
Union/Employee & Labor Relations
- Consult your Unit HR Representative or College/Division Senior HR Leader. Access contact information for these individuals in Employee Self Service by selecting 'My Self Service,' then 'University Information,' then 'My HR Rep/Workflow Admin/Dept Admin.'
- Request a brief phone consultation from UI Human Resources, Organizational Effectiveness staff at 335-2085.
Instructor-Facilitated Professional Development Opportunities
For more professional development opportunities visit the Learning and Development website. If you have any questions about the resources listed, please contact UI Learning and Development at (319) 335-2687.
Leadership Education, Assessment, and Development (UI LEAD)
- Assess your current strengths and identify specific leadership behaviors for leadership growth.
- Work with a leadership coach and integrate your supervisor or faculty administrator into your career development.
- Visit UI LEAD for more information.