University Workforce Operations-Student Employment

Campus Address
120 USB
Mailing Address

120 University Services Building
Iowa City, IA 52242-1911
United States

All student hourly employees (both part-time and Work-Study) working at on- or off-campus sites are considered University of Iowa employees and are covered under the University's Worker's Compensation Policy

When faced with a workers' compensation situation, the most important thing to know is where the employee must seek treatment in order to receive coverage. For all work injuries/accidents, employees—including student employees—must receive medical care from the following treatment location:

  • UI Occupational Health, 3 Lions Drive in North Liberty (off Highway 965), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 319-665-2111

Employees in the Iowa City area should use the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics Emergency Room for emergencies and/or treatment during non-clinic hours.

Do not send students to Student Health or they will be charged for treatment.