Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner while appreciating the unique contribution of individuals from varied cultures, race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Proficiency Levels & Typical Behaviors
- Demonstrates civil and respectful behaviors valued within the organization.
- Provides and accepts ideas and suggestions in a constructive and helpful manner.
- Exhibits good teamwork: is approachable, cooperative, and contributes to an overall positive and productive work/team environment.
- Works effectively with individuals from all backgrounds.
- Shares appropriate information/feedback openly, professionally and respectfully.
- Models open, respectful, accepting, and supportive behaviors with team members.
- Maintains productive work relationships while considering multiple perspectives and using effective conflict resolution practices.
- Uses sensitivity in communicating with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Establishes and maintains positive and productive working relationships within and outside of own area and background.
- Identifies and resolves disagreements/conflicts in early stages.
- Promotes a safe, equitable, respectful environment in which concerns can be addressed effectively.
- Recommends changes to work practices and policies to promote transparency and approachability.
- Creates and champions initiatives that foster respectful communication, learning and a spirit of cooperation.
- Regularly shares information and effectively influences to gain common commitment in achieving objectives.
- Shapes unit/department, college/division, or university governance so as to reinforce collaboration, accountability, and responsibility.
- Promotes collaborative climate that recognizes, celebrates, and rewards diversity.