Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner. Ability to effectively transmit and interpret information through appropriate communication with internal and external customers.
Proficiency Levels & Typical Behaviors
- Consistently provides excellent service.
- Manages customer expectations and takes responsibility to enhance service excellence.
- Communicates understandably; uses appropriate words, grammar and mannerisms in all mediums.
- Seeks feedback on communication style and effectiveness.
- Enhances service by seeking ways to add value to customer interactions/services.
- Demonstrates sincere concern and takes responsibility when a customer complains, even if the cause of the problem lies elsewhere.
- Listens to feedback without defensiveness and uses it to enhance communication effectiveness.
- Communicates in alternative ways to accommodate different listeners.
- Participates in developing a variety of effective ways to deal with service challenges.
- Models service delivery and coaches others to deliver excellent service in a variety of settings.
- Communicates well with direct reports, peers, leadership, and external constituents.
- Utilizes various methods for information sharing and information gathering. Modifies process(es) to enhance service.
- Effectively uses a broad range of methods in communicating complex ideas to diverse populations.
- Monitors profession/field/discipline for trends and implements innovative solutions to enhance service.
- Builds successful track record of superior personal and organizational service delivery in diverse environments.
- Promotes excellence achieved through reports or other media for distribution to internal and/or external constituents and the professional community.