How To Reclassify a Vacant P&S Position

Departments Should Complete the Following Forms

  • Local Job Description focusing on the Key Areas of Responsibility
  • Position Management (Modify or Reactivate a Position) form - available in the HR Position Management System

To advertise the position through JOBS@UIOWA, complete a Professional & Scientific Requisition available in the HR JOBS@UIOWA System. A Local Job Description and external ad (if required) will need to be attached to the requisition and it will be routed to Compensation and Classification through Workflow.