Brief coaching is a service Organizational Effectiveness provides to facilitate supervisors, managers, and directors on campus in identifying a path forward on a leadership issue, and resources that can support that journey.
Preparation: To optimize this short coaching, we recommend coming prepared to the session having reflected upon, and being prepared to share with the coach:
- What do I want to be different in this workplace situation and the work relationships involved?
- What am I doing to contribute that may have both positive, and maybe unintended, impact?
- What would I like to do instead? What do I need in order to start, continue, or stop doing?
Coaching is about helping you identify ways to support changes in how you see a situation, choices and approaches you could make, and encouragement for how to begin. Referrals can be made to self-guided learning, group programming, and providers such as HR Representatives, confidential campus resources, and coaches that contract for extended leadership coaching.
- Brief leadership coaching and referral is provided by UI leadership coaches at no charge for UI and UI Health Care leaders.
- If interested in a coaching focused on individual leadership development, visit Career and Communications Coaching.
- If interested in supporting a change in an employee’s performance, visit Performance Consultation.
- If interested in team coaching, visit OD Consultation.
For questions, or to schedule your session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the Roles and Confidentiality Parameters.
Our coaches are representatives of HR. Confidential campus resources include:
- Office of the Ombudsperson
- Employee Assistance Program
- University Counseling Service (available for students)