ELEVATE Leadership Program is designed to help women elevate themselves within their career path. A unique partnership program with Corridor Women Connect (CWC), ELEVATE is for new and emerging leaders to foster their growth through learning and connection with women outside their own business or industry.
Between June and December, participants:
- Engage in monthly Cedar Rapids-based learning sessions that expand networks beyond the ELEVATE cohort. These include Corridor Women Connect (CWC) events and a Women Lead Change conference.
- Meets for six months, with 5 half-day learning sessions, and a capstone project
- Fee: $2,500 (Organizational Effectiveness will sponsor the first $1000 of the $2500 Elevate Leadership Development program fee.)
- Note: Large state-wide conferences are not included, yet there may be free opportunities beyond the Elevate schedule that come with being part of the Elevate cohort.
- Interested individuals are encouraged to seek sponsorship for the remaining $1500 from both their local department and college/division.
Annual enrollment occurs in February. Interested individuals may self-nominate, or senior leaders may nominate staff by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. Applications will be due February 22, 2021 and applicants will be notified by early April of enrollment status.
- The UI and other Corridor member companies select participants based upon their application, contributions made within their organization and community, potential for growth through the program deliverables, and commitment (theirs and their supervisor’s) to engage fully in the program.
Participation in the CWC Elevate Leadership Development program and special CWC events is a benefit that UI Leadership Development has sponsored in being an active CWC Member company. The only additional fees program participants will incur are local travel costs to attend scheduled events, and the cost of the WLC Spring Conference in Cedar Rapids.