Human Resources Internship for Students
Organizational Effectiveness, a unit of HR, offers an internship opportunity each semester to University of Iowa students.
The Human Resources Internship Program for Students will provide hands-on experience working within Human Resources. While the majority of the projects will come from the Organizational Effectiveness unit, special projects may be assigned from other areas of Human Resources, as needs arise. Projects of former HR interns include: developing web site content, creating and providing input on marketing plans, benchmarking, research, etc.
While this is an unpaid internship, academic credit may be available depending upon the college. Internship opportunities are available for the Fall, Spring, and Summer sessions.
Eligibility Requirements and Desired Qualifications
- Commit a minimum of 10 hours a week and work at least 10 weeks during the course of the semester.
- University of Iowa students will be given priority but students from other colleges will be considered.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in computer software applications.
- Some knowledge of University policies, procedures, and regulations is desired.
- Related administrative and program experience of six to twelve months is desired.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Nikole Mac by the deadlines listed below for each semester. Applications will be reviewed after each deadline.
Please apply by the following semester deadlines:
- May 1 (Summer Semester)
- July 1 (Fall Semester)
- December 1 (Spring Semester)