In 2017, a committee was charged with the task of reviewing the current Essential and Marginal Job Function Analysis (EMJFA) tool to determine its current state of usefulness and ease of interpretation. The committee determined that by simplifying page 3 of the current EMJFA, the document will better align with internal University forms such as the Medical Information Request Form, Release to Return to Work, and the Workers Compensation Patient Status Report. It will also create an easier comparison and analysis of physical limitations/restrictions against the physical requirements of a position to assist in identifying reasonable accommodation(s).
There will be a soft rollout for the use of this new page 3. Beginning January 1, 2018, the departments of: Facilities Management, University Housing & Dining, and UI Healthcare Department of Nursing will begin updating current EMJFA’s as following:
- For any new job posting
- For a new First Report of Injury submitted through Workers Compensation
- For a new Medical Leave intake submitted through Faculty & Staff Disability Services
Departments may choose to complete an entirely new EMJFA or complete page 3 only and insert into the existing EMJFA.
Instructions to insert pages in Microsoft Word 2016:
- Open the original EMJFA.
- Go to the “View” tab, place a check mark next to “Navigation Pane” under the “Show” grouping.
- Select Pages in the left hand Navigation Pane.
- Select Page 3 and press your delete key.
- Select the “x” to close the Navigation Pane.
- Place the cursor where you want page 3 inserted.
- Select the “Insert” tab, then under “Text”, click on the down arrow next to “Object” and select “Text from file”.
- Select the file to be inserted.
- Click on Insert
If you experience issues with inserting page 3 into your existing EMJFA, it may be necessary to complete a new EMJFA form.