How do I get exempted from the mandatory student health insurance policy?

Health science students must complete the Proof of Coverage Form, which is available in MyUI.

International students must provide us with a copy of their policy and an insurance ID card along with the proof of coverage form. The policy must meet requirements listed on our website. 

Beginning with applicants enrolling for summer 2008, all new first-year students enrolled with 5 or more semester hours who do not belong to one of the two groups above, will be asked to report their insurance status through their Admissions Profile in MyUI, the University's online service center for students.  Students without coverage, will be automatically enrolled in the University's Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). 

FAQ Category: