The University of Iowa authorizes absence for bone marrow and organ donation. Such leave is considered paid work time not charged to accruals. You may be eligible for up to 5 paid days of leave that is not charged to accruals for bone marrow donation, or up to 30 paid days for organ donation also not charged to accruals - in accordance with the Operations Manual policy. Please contact your HR Representative for more information.
- You have the right to paid absence for defined organ donation.
- You are responsible to adhere to University policy, and (if applicable) departmental policy related to attendance.
- You may be required to provide medical documentation to support your reason for absence. Typically the information required is
- Reason for absence (organ donation)
- Duration of leave required
- Intent to return to work at the end of absence
- You are responsible to stay in contact with your supervisor to keep him/her apprised of your absence, any changes, and your intent to return to work. To communicate absence needs with your Human Resources Representative according to department practice.