The content of the University of Iowa Operations Manual addresses leaves for faculty and staff, however; staff covered by collective bargaining agreements may have benefits different from those described in university policy. Reference should be made to the current agreement for precise details.
- Paid Leave: (See also bargaining agreements)
- Unpaid Leave: (See also bargaining agreements) Unpaid leave may be authorized by above policy and practice when paid leave accruals are not available. If absence reason is described above in paid leave, refer to the policy first before considering other unpaid absence..
- Leaves of Absence, University Operations Manual
- Leave of absence as an ADA accommodation
- Family Caregiving Leave Clarification
- Catastrophic Leave
- Workers' Compensation
Departments may have practices related to use and application of leave. Please refer to any department practices, and contact Faculty Staff Disability Services for assistance with alignment with university policy or application.
Labor Contracts can be found on the University Employee and Labor Relations website.