If you are an At-Will or Probationary Status employee with the University of Iowa, and receive notification of your position elimination or reduction in the percent of time, Compensation and Classification can offer some assistance in finding a new position during your one to three month notice period only:
- Post resume and Furlough Information Summary sheet in the Furlough Resume Database Program SharePoint website (departments may contact furloughed At-Will employees and ask them to apply for their advertised position).
- Utilize the Career Development Advising service for assistance with the review of your resume and cover letter/s and other available services.
If an At-will status employee returns within 12 months from the date of termination, the university will:
- Reinstate sick leave
- Provide the option to purchase vacation leave that was paid out at the time of termination.
- Adjust the company seniority date back to the date that was in effect at the time of termination.
- Reinstate the benefit eligibility and retirement eligibility dates back to the date that was in effect at the time of termination
- Reinstate priority eligibility for parking, athletic tickets, and any other benefits that the employee had at the time of termination.
Utilize the Career Development Advising service for assistance with the review of your resume and cover letter/s and other available services.
Your furlough considerations end when your furlough notice period expires.
To apply for an open position you will need to review the HOW TO APPLY information in JOBS@UIOWA, and create a profile. Once you have created your profile and want to apply for an open position you will need to:
- Select the "Apply for This Position" button
- Submit the application