If you are a Specified Term employee with less than two years of service in this status with the University of Iowa, and receive notification of your positions pending elimination or reduction in percent of time, Compensation & Classification can offer assistance in finding a new position.
Furlough considerations consist of the following during the notice period only:
- Courtesy letters to departments for positions applied for outside of your current job family, or in a higher pay level
- Participation in the Furlough Networking Program and Resume Database
Your furlough considerations end when the notice period expires.
When you begin searching for a new position you should review the JOBS@UIOWA position announcement web site.
To apply for an open position you will need to review the HOW TO APPLY information in JOBS@UIOWA, and create a profile. Once you have created your profile and want to apply for an open position you will need to:
- Select the "Apply for This Position" button
- To Request a Courtesy letter complete the "Advisable" section of the "Application To Do List"
- Complete the "Required" sections of the "Application To Do List"
- Submit the application