FROM: UI Learning and Development
RE: University Orientation for New Faculty and Staff
Congratulations on your appointment to The University of Iowa.
With this letter, we are pleased to invite you to attend The University of Iowa New Faculty and Staff Orientation. This orientation is provided by UI Human Resources to all eligible new employees. Faculty members may receive information about additional orientation programs offered through the Office of the Provost and their respective departments. For more information regarding new faculty orientation, please see the Office of the Provost NewFaculty@IOWA Programs website.
The University of Iowa New Faculty and Staff Orientation will connect you to the University beyond your position and department. By attending, you will:
- Strengthen your connection to the greater University community by meeting employees from other departments, colleges and areas of the University;
- Develop a deeper understanding of how things work at the University (e.g., Payroll, Parking and other valuable resources);
- Enroll in your employee benefits program and meet with representatives who can respond to your benefits questions;
- Learn more about many of the discounts, services, and cultural activities available to you as an employee; and
- Attend an informational fair where you can learn about several University services, departments and resources.
Time: 7:50 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Place: 2520D UCC
If you cannot attend the scheduled session listed above, please call 335-2687 to cancel or reschedule.
Benefits information, including an enrollment guide can be found at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/new-ui-employees.
PLEASE BE AWARE, FOR MERIT CLASSIFICATIONS CERTAIN BENEFITS ELECTIONS MUST BE MADE WITHIN 30 DAYS OF YOUR HIRE DATE. IF YOU ARE A MERIT EMPLOYEE, AND YOUR ORIENTATION IS MORE THAN 30 DAYS FROM YOUR HIRE DATE, PLEASE CONTACT THE BENEFITS OFFICE AT 335-2676.
We look forward to welcoming you to The University of Iowa. If you have any questions, please call 335-2687.