Course # 632
To register, complete the printable registration form and send (with payment) to: UI Learning & Development, 121-51 USB.
- Have you ever found yourself asking, "What's wrong with those people—why won't they change?" Or, "Are you saying that after all the money we’ve spent and two years of effort the outcomes haven't improved?" Or, "I'm in charge here, but it doesn't seem to matter"?
- Are there times when you just want to wave a magic wand and make a problem go away (of course you don't have magic wand, and even if you did, you’d never get to play with it)?
- Do you routinely come up with new solutions to old problems, implement them, enjoy success for a while, but then slip back to your old results?
The truth is, we all need to be better influencers. Hardly a day passes that we don’t try to influence others to do something different. We do our best to motivate employees to demonstrate more concern for results. We struggle to make sure projects are completed on time and on budget. In summary, we continually work on ways to exert our influence, but we regularly fall short.
In fact, in spite of the fact that we’re routinely trying to help others alter behavior, few of us can articulate a model of what it takes to do so. It’s time this changed. By drawing from the skills of many of the world’s best change agents and combining them with five decades of social-science research, Influencer creates a powerful and portable model for changing behaviors—a model that anyone can learn and apply.
Influencer can help you:
- Successfully lead change initiatives.
- Transform corporate culture.
- Improve compliance with safety regulations.
- Become empowered to solve problems within your team.
- Learn to diagnose the real causes behind problems and create real solutions.
- Learn to influence across the organization with or without formal authority.
Who Should Participate?
Influencer is ideal for individuals, teams, and organizations looking to overcome profound, persistent, and resistant problems in their organization or team. The workshop provides individuals at any level of an organization with the skills to develop an effective and comprehensive influence strategy to overcome these problems.
What to Expect from Influencer
Influencer is a two-day workshop that uses a combination of live training, compelling videos, and highly useful tools. You will engage in extensive in-class practice, group participation, and personal planning as you learn and develop the strategies for resolving tough issues. Learn how to:
- Diagnose the web of causes behind any problem and create powerful strategies for driving change.
- Identify a handful of high-leverage behaviors that, if changed, will lead to desired results.
- Rely less on formal authority and more on ways to motivate and enable others to alter their behavior.
- Use the powerful Influencer Model to develop and apply a robust influence strategy to anything from small- to large-scale cultural transformations.
Discover the Six Sources of Influence
One of the most common mistakes people make in identifying the root of a problem is assuming there is only one cause. We also commonly assume there is only one solution. VitalSmarts research reveals that people who employ four or more personal, social, or structural influence strategies are ten times more likely to achieve desired outcomes than those who use only one or two.
Access Ongoing Support
VitalSmarts provides participants with post-training online resources to stimulate lifelong learning and skill development. These resources include the Influence Challenge Planner and the Influencer Review Schedule.
BE AN INFLUENCER!
Participants: (audience course is designed to reach)
These Influencer workshops are made available only to University of Iowa employees.