All new staff and faculty, who meet eligibility requirements, receive an invitation by campus mail to an orientation scheduled close to their first day of employment.
Orientation is important and will help you to:
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a member of the University community.
- Get to know what is available to support your personal and professional development.
- Learn about opportunities in the Iowa City area to enjoy life!
Here are some resources to begin helping you get oriented:
- Welcome message from Cheryl Reardon, Chief HR Officer & Associate Vice President
- Departmental Orientation
- Overview of the Invitation Process and Appointment Criteria