The Corridor Corporate Games (CCG) is a company-based competition that offers sports and events during June and July throughout the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area. The purpose of the CCG is to promote physical activity, employee well-being and fun while representing one’s company. The University of Iowa will earn points through participation, event placing and volunteering as we compete against other organizations. At the conclusion of the Corridor Corporate Games, the coveted Corporate Cup will be awarded to the winners!
Help the University of Iowa WIN THE CUP! (View Company Leaderboard)
We want to provide all UI faculty and staff the opportunity to get involved whether you're an athlete, non-athlete, former athlete, competitive or not competitive! This is about fun, company pride, and community involvement! Here are the areas that UI is focusing on in our efforts this summer:
- Burst Your Thirst Challenge - Already in progress 6/13/19
- Unlimited/All-Inclusive Events
- Blood Donation Challenge
- FREE to UI faculty/staff (normally $10)
- Runs June 10-July 19, 2019
- Form teams of 2-10 colleagues and use:
- Company Code: LHIUIOWA
- Subsidy Code: 19CCG-UIOWA
- Track minutes of activity and water consumption
- UI earns points based on the % of total employees recording for 5 of the 6 weeks of the program.
- Register and Learn more at Corridor Corporate Games/Burst Your Thirst Challenge
- Burst Your Thirst Flier (pdf)
Volunteering for CCG is a wonderful opportunity to earn the UI points! In fact, the Corridor Corporate Games heavily rewards UI with points for filling these slots. If you volunteer, you will also get a UI Health Care "I'm making a Difference" t-shirt AND bandana campus mailed to you. The University of Iowa needs volunteers for the following CCG events:
- Road Race (Course Assistance): June 29 from 7:30-10:30 am, Coralville Recreation Center (FILLED)
- Track and Field (Athlete Check in and Results): July 9 from 5:15-8:30 pm, Liberty High School Track, North Liberty (1 volunteer spot remaining)
- Cycling Tour Ride (Athlete Check In): July 13 from 10 am - 1 pm, Red Pavilion, Guthridge Park, Hiawatha (1 volunteer spot remaining)
If you want to volunteer, please contact Aubry Lyon after you have registered an account at Corridor Corporate Games website and indicate "CCGUOFI" as your company code. Aubrey can assign you as a volunteer. Follow @UIowaLiveWELL on Twitter or Facebook for new volunteer opportunities that could get announced as just-in-time needs arise. They can help earn UI points!
- All of these events are free to UI employees. Family and friends are able to participate, but they can't earn points for UI.
- Register for all that you plan to attend at Corridor Corporate Games website. Create an account and use "CCGUOFI" as our company code.
- Receive a t-shirt and bandana (while supplies last) via campus mail for registering.
- Invite your colleagues! Volume of participants is how UI will WIN!
|Sunrise Yoga||June 22 (Sat)||Lowe Park, Marion||7:30-8:30 am|
|Zumba Party||June 26 (Wed)||Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, University of Iowa||7-8 pm|
|Road Race (5k)||June 29 (Sat)||Coralville 4th Fest||Packet Pick Up 6/28, 4:30 - 7 pm
Races 6/29, 8:00 am
|Basketball Shooting||June 30 (Sun)||Mercer Park Aquatic Center, Iowa City||1 pm|
|Cycling - CR||July 13 (Sat)||Guthridge Park (Hiawatha) to Lion Bridge (Cedar Rapids)||11 am - 1 pm check-in|
|Fitness Walk||July 28 (Sun)||Terry Trueblood Recreation Area - Iowa City||11 am - 1 pm check-in|
- Donate Blood anytime until July 31st.
- Specify that you are a University of Iowa affiliate participating in the Corridor Corporate Games.
- Sign-up to donate at DeGowin Blood Center or one of their many campus / community locations.
|Thursday, June 27||University Capitol Centre (2520 BCD)||10 am - 2 pm|
|Wednesday, July 10||IMU Room #337||10 am - 2 pm|