What is Harvest Your Healthy Habits?
Wellness is a full integration of many different habits that lead to an improved quality of life. Harvest Your Healthy Habits is a four week program that makes it easy to incorporate healthy activities during a busy time of year. Participate between November 12 – December 7.
Check off different activities you try on the Healthy Habits Checklist (pdf). Your goal is to complete four activities each week.
How do you register?
Register for Harvest Your Healthy Habits or visit Employee Self-Service | Personal Tab | LiveWell | My Health and Wellness. Upon registering, you will receive 50 liveWELL Points to use at the Wellness Store.
How does Harvest Your Healthy Habits work?
Register for Harvest Your Healthy Habits at Employee Self-Service | Personal Tab | LiveWell | My Health and Wellness, then check off your accomplished activities on the Healthy Habits Checklist from November 12 – December 7. Weekly, you will receive an email from UI Wellness with a Bonus Code to submit at My Health and Wellness where you will earn 50 liveWELL Points each week.
Harvest Your Healthy Habit Checklist
Week 1: November 12 - November 18, 2018
Emotional Wellness relates to an increased awareness, expression and acceptance of a wide range of thoughts and feelings in yourself and others. It is important to pay attention to self-care, relaxation, stress reduction and the development of inner resources so you can learn and grow from experiences. Optimal emotional wellness helps you to develop satisfying relationships, positive self-esteem and resilience.
- Unplug - Schedule one hour of device free time
- Say "thank you" to someone who deserves it and is not typically recognized
- Make a list of activities you enjoy and do one
- Watch a funny/feel good movie
- Do a random act of kindness
- Make a list of three things you are grateful for
Week 2: November 19 - November 25, 2018
Social Wellness is being aware of, and participating in, and feeling connected to your community. Social wellbeing is enhanced by establishing supportive social networks through meaningful relationships.
- Plan a friends-giving
- Call a friend
- Introduce yourself to someone new
- Ask your neighbors if they need anything from the super market
- Give someone a compliment
Week 3: November 26 - December 2, 2018
Financial Wellness involves making responsible decisions to live within your means and setting financial goals today that will positively impact your financial future. Being financially healthy isn’t about being rich; it’s about enjoying life and having the skills to cope with financial pressures.
- Go to the grocery store with a list and don’t stray from it
- Pack a lunch rather than buying it
- Pick a “no-spending” day
- Track your spending for a week
- Create a holiday budget and stick to it
- Review/create financial goals for 2019, don’t stray from it
Week 4: December 3 - December 9, 2018
Physical Wellness is the ability to maintain a healthy quality of life that allows us to get the most out of our daily activities without undue fatigue or physical stress. Physical wellness means living responsibly and taking care of your body, and recognizing that our daily habits and behaviors have a significant impact on our overall health, wellness and quality of life.
- Only take the stairs for a day
- Substitute water for a sugary beverage
- Try out a new healthy recipe
- Go to bed one hour earlier
- Take brief but regular breaks throughout the day
- Add an extra serving of vegetables to a meal
- Take a 20 minute walk