Self-Care Confetti is a fun program to improve self-care habits. From November 6 - December 3, 2017, cross at least three tips off the Self-Care Checklist each week. Tuning into personal needs can prevent feelings of frustration, exhaustion, and burn out. You are worth celebrating!
Participants in Self-Care Confetti will receive a weekly email containing helpful information about self-care and tips to try at home, work, and on your daily commute! In that email, participants receive a Bonus Code worth 50 liveWELL points to enter on My Health and Wellness.
What is Self-Care Confetti?
Self-Care Confetti is a self-care program that encourages participants to build skills that enhance well-being, manage stress, and maintain a healthy work environment over four weeks during a busy time of the year. Participate November 6 – December 3, 2017 and track your weekly self-care habits on the Self-Care Confetti Checklist. Your goal is to complete at least three self-care challenges each week.
How do you register?
Register for Self-Care Confetti or visit Employee Self-Service | Personal Tab | LiveWell | My Health and Wellness. Upon registering, you will receive 50 liveWELL points to use at the Wellness store.
How does the program work?
From November 6 – December 3, track your accomplished self-care techniques from the Self-Care Confetti Checklist. You will receive a weekly email from UI Wellness with a Bonus Code to submit at My Health and Wellness where you will earn 50 liveWELL points each week.
Self-Care Confetti Checklist
Download the printable Self-Care Confetti Checklist (pdf)
Week 1 (November 6-12)
- Write something positive about yourself on a sticky note and post it on your mirror
- Eat your lunch away from your desk
- Perform shoulder shrugs at each red light to relieve upper body tension
- Read an interesting article or short story
- Get up 10-15 minutes earlier in the morning to avoid being rushed
Week 2 (November 13-19)
- Get a change of scenery—take a different route to work
- Write down negative thoughts and throw them away
- Inhale 3 deep breaths and release them slowly before your commute to work
- Decompress your spine—bend over at the waist with knees slightly bent—hang for 15 seconds
- Knead your fingers and palms for a hand massage
Week 3 (November 20-26)
- Write a note about something that made you smile today
- Connect with a friend—chat on the phone or meet up
- “Unplug”—set aside electronic devices for at least an hour
- Hold hands with a loved one
- Look for beauty—notice the sunlight, color of the sky, or scenery when stopped at an intersection
Week 4 (November 27- December 3)
- Meet a friend for coffee or lunch
- Check off an item on your “to-do” list item
- Give your eyes a break—rub your palms together vigorously for heat and place them over closed eyes for one minute
- Take a brain break and listen to one of your favorite songs
- Get up from your desk and stretch to relieve muscle tension
Resources for Support
Weekly emails to participants will contain tips and tricks for successfully improving self-care techniques. For further resources visit Health and Well-being Resources: Managing Stress and Behavioral Health as well as Health and Well-being Resources: Resilience.