Level 10 Job Attribute Profile
- Advanced administrative and strategic leadership skills in order to develop and achieve goals and work effectively in a complex and diverse public university.
- Requires comprehensive understanding of external trends and issues impacting area of responsibility and their impact on organization/system's short- and long- term strategy and operating plans.
- Decisions include establishing strategy and long-range plans for significant division/organization based on university's goals and values and market/external factors.
- Final decision-making authority for significant division/organization.
- Judgments prioritize strategic initiatives and resources to maximize unit contribution to University while maintaining fiscal accountability.
- Directs complex and strategic division/organization and contributes to the direction of university.
- Requires integration of programs and services across the university/enterprise.
- Determines strategic objectives for the division/organization working with directors/ managers to develop and align operational plans.
- Direct accountability for strategic direction and effectiveness of a complex division/organization and its impact upon the university
- Accountable for the finances, administrative leadership, and management of the division/organization, including the stewardship of people, finances, and other resources.
- Responsible for the decisions and risks arising from the division/organization and their impact upon the university and Board of Regents, State of Iowa.
- Requires exceptional communication skill in order to represent the university to key constituents, involving governance, external relations, strategic direction and operational leadership for their organization and division, and the university as delegated.
- Requires the ability to build and manage key relationships with a broad array of internal and external constituents through timely and effective communication and persuasion.