Level 3 Job Attribute Profile
- Understanding of recognized body of knowledge, which applies theory, techniques or principles; or specialized knowledge, enabling role to serve as a "designated resource" within work unit.
- Applies knowledge to situations where frequent interpretation of policies and procedures is required to determine proper course of action.
- There is opportunity for creativity or innovation within defined parameters.
- Coordinates activities with others within unit and may coordinate with others outside the unit as the designated resource.
- Scope of responsibilities is focused at the work unit (dept/lab/program) level and occasionally with other work units
- Impact and risk of errors impacting performance are generally limited to immediate work unit and occasionally outside the work unit.
- May be accountable for quality and quantity of work of others in the work unit.
- Effective communication involves coordinating among members of the work unit and individuals from other work units to assure high quality work performance.