Level 9 Job Attribute Profile
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of disciplines or programs
- Requires administrative skills and leadership abilities to translate mission and goals into operational plans in a complex and diverse public university.
- Decisions include incorporating strategy into long-range plans for a division/organization and area based on university's goals and values and market/external factors.
- Makes recommendations to final decision maker based upon strategic interests.
- Judgments go beyond practice/precedents to address circumstances and issues distinctive to each situation.
- Directs the operation and contributes to the strategic goals of a division/organization.
- Requires integration and coordination of specific programs and services across the university/enterprise
- Implements strategic objectives with directors/managers to develop and align operational plans.
- Direct accountability for strategic direction and effectiveness of a significant function or segment of an organization and its impact upon the organizational/division and the University.
- Accountable for the finances, administrative leadership, and management of a significant function or segment of an organization, including the stewardship of people, finances and other resources.
- Responsible for the decisions and risk arising from a significant function or segment of an organization, and their impact upon the organization, university and Board of Regents, State of Iowa
- Requires skillful communications in order to represent the university to key constituents, external relations, strategic direction and operational leadership for their organization and division.
- Requires the ability to build and manage relationships with key internal and external constituents through timely and effective communications and persuasion.