- Basic knowledge, usually obtained through a four-year degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience within a specific field.
- Skills related to critical thinking and independent judgment within the scope of a role (e.g. problem solving, analysis and problem solving).
- Applies knowledge to situations where there is interpretation and judgment required within a defined scope.
- There is opportunity for creativity or innovation as part of the job within defined parameters.
- Facilitates activities with others within unit and may coordinate with others outside the unit on behalf of the work unit.
- Scope of responsibilities is focused at the work unit (dept/lab/program) level.
- Impact and risk of errors are generally limited within immediate work unit.
- Accountable for quality and quantity of own work and generally not of others in the work unit
- Effective communication involves gathering information, evaluating alternatives, and responding appropriately.