- Advanced knowledge and application of theory, techniques, regulations and principles or concepts.
- Applies knowledge to varied situations, where there are several alternatives and the facts of the situation must be evaluated and defined.
- Judgments and decisions rely on experience and are guided by policies and practices.
- Creativity or innovation is expected at this level.
- Coordinates activities within work unit and with other work units.
- Scope of responsibilities is focused at the work unit (dept/lab/program) level and requires coordination with other work units.
- Impact and risk of errors impacting performance at both the immediate work unit and other outside work units.
- Accountable for quality and quantity of work of others in the work unit and share responsibility for achieving unit results
- Effective communication involves coordinating complex activities and information among members of the work unit and individuals from other work units to assure high quality work performance.