- Comprehensive understanding of recognized body of knowledge, or a highly specialized discipline, requiring application of theory, techniques, regulations and principles.
- Applies knowledge to varied situations, where clear alternatives may not exist and the facts of the situation must be evaluated and defined.
- Judgments and decisions rely on interpretations of policies and procedures.
- Creativity or innovation is routinely expected at this level.
- Leads the activities within work unit and coordinates with other work units.
- Scope of responsibilities is focused on achieving work unit outcomes in coordination with other work units
- Provides input into the development of the strategy and goals of the unit.
- Accountable for the implementation and achievement of work unit goals; and for the quality and quantity of work of others in the work unit.
- Impact and risk of errors impacting unit outcomes and related work units.
- Effective communication involves coordinating complex and/or technical information among members of the work unit and individuals from other work units to assure outcomes are achieved.
- At times may require skill in persuasion to influence others where there is difference of opinions.