Listed below are some programs initiated at the department level. If you have questions, please contact the person noted.
Recognize staff for their voluntary contributions to public good for humanitarian, civic, or other service to the UI, local, regional, national or international community performance on a voluntary basis. The person is recognized at the CLAS Staff Recognition Reception and receives award and perhaps “gold star”. Awardees are added to the CLAS website.
Contact: HR Unit Representative, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Target or Goal Accomplished
Wii game available for supervisor to use with their team when specific targets/goals have been reached. For employees to leave their unit and just have FUN for a half hour.
State Hygienic Lab
- Applause-Applause: Recognition for above and beyond
- Onward-Upward: Recognition for project completions
- CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement): Recognition for process improvement
- Memorial Awards:
Duncan Walker Award - For Sincerity, Integrity, Commitment and Respect for Diversity
Gene Ronald Award - Goes to High Achieving Student
Hausler Award - Lifetime of Achievement Award
University Human Resources
- UIlluminate: Supports the organization by empowering, enlightening and motivating others. Is someone who brings energy and optimism to the work environment; they see the glass as half full rather than half empty and projects positivity unto others. They literally can light up any room by their presence.
- UInspire: Encourages peers to take on a new challenge or go the extra mile in their current role through direct or indirect support. Is achievement oriented and works continuously and tirelessly to achieve University HR’s strategic goals and initiatives.
- UInnovate: Fosters change within an organization by recognizing challenges, identifying unsustainable processes and practices and investing their innovative skills to find a solution. Is someone who germinates ideas into plans and is considered an intrapreneur by colleagues.
Procedures: University Human Resources staff nominate a coworker or team, describing the consistent performance, innovation, or customer service performance observed, providing enough detail that someone unfamiliar with the situation can understand the circumstances and short-term and/or long-term outcome.
In addition, University Human Resources has traveling plaques awarded to a UHR employee or employee group that demonstrate each of the Universal Competencies:
- Positive Impact/Achieving Results
- Service Excellence/Customer Focus
- Collaboration and Embracing Diversity
Contact: HR Unit Representative, University Human Resources