Saving for retirement is an important step to take to help ensure a more secure financial future, but it is not always easy to do with competing demands. Educating yourself financially can help you set goals (like saving more for retirement) and help you manage your money so you can work towards those goals.
- Instructor-led classes are offered monthly through the Benefits Office and UI Learning and Development (Financial Education Class Schedule)
- Multimedia Retirement Information Modules This includes online training on your choices and a TIAA enrollment walk-through
- TIAA Online Financial Education Seminars
- IPERS website
- TIAA website
- Money 101 – this is one of many commercial personal finance educational sites available. Benefits Office reviewers thought this one had excellent information.
- Joe Coughlin's lecture on aging