Absence Approval and Management
Health Condition/Leave Management
“I need to hire someone. Where do I start?”
- Hiring Merit Staff
- Recruiting Professional & Scientific (P&S) staff
- Conducting Effective Searches (HR Unit Rep Toolkit)
- Hiring Foreign Nationals
“Do we have an employee health clinic?”
Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
Media/Info Requests by News Media
“I have a staff member who’s not performing well. Where can I get support?”
“My employee asked to see their personnel file. What should I consider?” What should be in a personnel file?”
Resource Guide for Staff
Training on Staff Supervision
Union/Employee & Labor Relations
- Consult your Unit HR Representative or College/Division Senior HR Leader. Access contact information for these individuals in Employee Self Service by selecting 'My Self Service,' then 'University Information,' then 'My HR Rep/Workflow Admin/Dept Admin.'
- Request a brief phone consultation from UI Human Resources, Organizational Effectiveness staff at 335-2085.
Instructor-facilitated Professional Development Opportunities
All of our professional development opportunities can be found https://hr.uiowa.edu/learn. If you have any questions about the resources listed, please contact UI Learning and Development at (319) 335-2687.
Leadership Education, Assessment, and Development (UI LEAD)
- Assess your current strengths and identify specific leadership behaviors for leadership growth.
- Work with a leadership coach and integrate your supervisor or faculty administrator into your career development.
- For more information about UI LEAD, please visit our website at https://hr.uiowa.edu/leadership-development.