If you are a Specified Term Status employee with less than two years of service in Specified Term Status at the University of Iowa who receives notification of permanent layoff or reduction in percent of time appointed, Compensation and Classification and your HR representative can offer assistance in finding another job.
Your furlough resources will include the following during your notice period:
- Participation in the Furlough Networking Program (during notice period only)
- Inclusion in the Furlough Resume Database (during notice period only)
- Ability to utilize the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for up to three months following termination
- Ability to utilize Career Development Advising Services
Available furlough resources (with the exception of EAP) end when your notice period expires.
When you begin searching for a new position, start by reviewing openings posted on the Jobs@UIowa website. To apply for an open position, you will need to create a general Jobs@UIowa profile. Once you have created your profile you can begin applying for open positions.
Specified Term Status staff with less than two years of service may request to make their resumes/CVs available to UI recruiters. Departments that find a qualified applicant prior to advertising their position on Jobs@UIowa may utilize the Furlough Networking Program to interview and hire the furloughed employee. If the hiring department would like to interview the furloughed employee, the department will be responsible for scheduling an interview. To make your resume/CV available, contact Compensation and Classification (email@example.com) and ask to initiate this option.
If a Specified Term Status employee returns to the university within 12 months from the date of termination, the university will:
- Reinstate sick leave
- Provide the option to purchase vacation leave that was paid out at the time of termination
- Adjust the company seniority date back to the date in effect at the time of termination
- Reinstate the P&S Specified Term Status date and benefit eligibility and retirement eligibility dates back to the dates in effect at the time of termination
- Reinstate priority eligibility for parking, athletic tickets, and any other benefits that the employee had at the time of termination